Kingdom Season 5 is premiering in January 2024! The series has confirmed its release date and timings. The production team has also released new visual illustrations for iconic characters like Kan Ki, Raido, Koku’Ou and Ma Ron which has increased the anticipation amongst fans. Read on to learn more about Kingdom Season 5.
Kingdom Season 5 Release Date
The release date of Kingdom Season 5 Episode 1 is confirmed to be 6 January 2024 at 12:00 AM in Japan.
Kingdom Season 5 Plot
Kingdom is an anime adaptation of the manga series of the same name by Yasuhisa Hara. It was first released in 2006 in Shueisha’s seinen manga magazine Weekly Young Jump. The series is continuing and has 70 tankoban volumes as of November 2023.
The manga series has over 100 million copies in circulation which makes it one of the best-selling manga series of all time. It also won the Grand Prize of Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize in 2013.
An anime adaptation of the series was first released by studio Pierrot in 2012. There are four seasons as of now with a fifth season on the way. A live-action film adaptation was released in 2019, which was followed by two sequels.
The series is a fictional account of the Chinese history period known as the Warring States period through the experiences of the war orphan Xin and his comrades. He fights to become the greatest general under heaven by unifying China for the first time in 500 years.
Season 5 of this series will start adapting the manga from Chapter 441 and will highlight the battle between the Qin Army and the Zhao Army at Koku You Hill. Fans can expect to see a fascinating aspect of General Kan Ki.
Kingdom Season 5 Cast And Crew
Here are all the cast and crew involved in the production of Kingdom Season 5.
- Director: Kenichi Imaizumi
- Series Composition: Noboru Takagi
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano and Kohta Yamamoto
- Original creator: Yasuhisa Hara
- Character Design: Hisashi Abe
- Art Director: Junichi Higashi
- Sound Director: Kazuzou Hamano
- Director of Photography: Hiroki Takano
- Colour design: Miyuki Abe
- Editing: Keisuke Yanagi
- Supervision: Yasuhisa Hara
- 3DCG Production: Dandelion Animation Studio
- Animation Production: Pierrot St.Signpost
- Music Production: Avex Pictures
- Sound Production: Jinnan Studio
- Jun Fukuyama as Ei Sei (Yin Zheng)
- Masakazu Morita as Shin (Xin)
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Kei Sha/Qing She
- Haruka Nagamine as Koku’ou
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Na Ki
- Kenji Nomura as Raido
- Kentaro Ito as Kan Ki/Huan Yi
- Kōji Ishii as Ki Sui/Ji Hui
- Kousuke Toriumi as Bi Hei (Wei Ping)
- Motoki Sakuma as Ma Ron/Mo Lun
- Rie Kugimiya as Karyō Ten (He Liao Diao)
- Susumu Akagi as En (Yuan)
- Takehiro Hasu as Zenou
- Taku Yashiro as Rin Gyoku
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Ri Boku/Li Mu
- Yōko Hikasa as Kyō Kai (Qiang Lei)
Where To Watch Kingdom Season 5?
The anime series will be broadcast by NHK General TV in Japan. Crunchyroll has streamed all the previous seasons of Kingdom and will be streaming season 5 for international fans as well.
Is There A Trailer Of Kingdom Season 5?
Yes, here is the latest trailer for Kingdom Season 5.
What are you guys most excited to watch in Kingdom Season 5? Don’t forget to let us know in the comments and for more updates, stay tuned with Geekopediahub.
How many episodes are there in the Kingdom?
The anime series Kingdom has 4 seasons with 129 episodes in total. You can watch all of them on Crunchyroll or Funimation.
Is the story of the Kingdom real?
The Kingdom story is based on the Warring States period which lasted till 221 BC. While several characters are based on historical figures, the series is a fictional account.
Ritrisha is an avid reader who likes to spend her time either reading books or learning about the beautiful cities across the world. Currently, she is pursuing a degree in English, aspiring to travel the world one day.